The annual Stokes-Brookland PTA Community Campaign kicks off May 13! The Community Campaign is Stokes School’s signature annual fundraising event. Since it only takes place once a year, we are relying on the entire community’s enthusiasm and support!
This year we’re aiming to raise $20,000 for our new playground between Monday, May 13 and Friday, May 24 – and we need YOUR help!
You can help us reach our fundraising goal and hit our goal of 100% community participation by:
- Making a direct, tax-deductible donation | Donate Now
- Collecting coins to contribute to Change 4 Change, our coin campaign – every class that hits 100% participation gets a popcorn party, and the class with the greatest weight in coins gets a popsicle party! We’ll weigh in coins this Thursday, next Monday, and next Thursday.
- Sharing the donation link with grandparents, family, friends and neighbors who value Stokes.
- Securing a matching donation from your workplace!
- Promoting the Community Campaign on social media.
- Buying your tickets to the Closeout the Community Campaign celebration happy hour on Thursday, May 23, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Smith Public Trust. Child care will be available from 6:15-8:00 p.m. at Stokes ($5 – includes dinner). Sign up for childcare
- Contributing a dish to Heritage Festival Day on Saturday, May 18. Those who contribute a dish will receive a ticket for the prize giveaway at the May 23 happy hour.
For every $10 donated (up to $200), donors will get a ticket for the prize giveaway at the May 23 happy hour. Prizes include gift cards to Galley Foods, Excel Pilates, Patrick’s Pet Care, District Vet, and Primrose; merchandise from Stitch and Rivet and DC Brau; and a classroom experience from Bri’s Brookland Creamery!
The playground is an ambitious investment in our children and community. Every dollar contributed puts us closer to construction — join us in making the 2019 Community Campaign a success!